Sunday, May 1, 2011

sunburnt

Today we went down to see Alex. The last two visits have been pretty terrible, so it was such a nice surprise to have him super happy. When we got there, he was just lying (laying? I can never remember when to use which) on the sofa. He apparently was up for the day at midnight...which made us pretty nervous as to what state of mind he'd be in for our visit. But he did great! We went to the playground, where he did some things we hadn't seen him interested in before (like the slidey, zip line type thing...which is the official word for what I'm talking about, I'm sure).


He also gave Jeremy a really nice hug (J's making odd sounds because Alex likes listening to the echos)


Then, after getting back to the house for his 2pm meds, he spent the rest of the visit out in the backyard. It was so pretty out today! They've put in a swing set for the kids, and Alex just loves it.


After all the sun we got today, everyone has bit of a sunburn. Oops, guess I better get back into the habit of putting on sunscreen. It's been such a wet, cool spring.

Yesterday we celebrated Ben's birthday at Wacky Bounce. He had fun, but for a 45 minute interval where he insisted his leg was broken because his knee hurt (even though he wasn't limping). I think he must of twisted something, but the little drama king he is made it into something much worse. Once he figured out we weren't going to make his friends leave early (he said at one point, "I guess we should just go home and have cake and presents."), he got back to playing.

After our two hours were up, we headed back to the house for the cake and presents.
Photobucket

Not sure why, but he closed his eyes while we sang to him
Photobucket

Presents!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Out of all the gifts he received:
-ant farm
-sidewalk chalk
-Spiderman shirt
-kooshy ball with googly eyes
-Bean Boozled jellybeans (two flavors for each Jelly Belly color, one yummy and one nasty: licorice vs skunk spray, juicy pear vs booger, peach vs. barf, strawberry jam vs centipede, chocolate pudding vs canned dog food)
-and his big gift that I thought would be the hit...a Nerf crossbow
his favorite was the Magic 8 ball. I shouldn't be too surprised I guess, as he's been asking for one for almost a year. I bypassed it at Christmas, but he kept asking for it. He loves that thing. Thinks it's hilarious when he asks something like "Do I smell like poop?" and it comes back affirmative.
Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Wendy Sparrow said...

That.IS.The.Coolest.Shirt.Ever! T would LOVE one of those shirts.

Ben looks more and more like you everyday.

So, did the centipede jellybean taste like a centipede? I swear the bug-flavored ones are never quite right.

Karen said...

Well, having never tasted a centipede before, I'm not entirely sure how close it was to the real thing. It was definitely gross - in a earthy soil tasting way. The barf flavor was by far the worst I tasted..though I didn't have the stomach to get thru all of them. (I did smell the chewed remains of canned dog food, which made me gag.)

Post a Comment