Saturday, December 3, 2011

the tree

We got our Christmas tree today. Jeremy wanted to go the easy route of going to a tree lot nearby...until he found out the tree I was merely settling for cost $65. We headed out to Salem to the same Christmas tree farm we went to last year ($35 any size noble fir, free cider/hot chocolate, bonfire and a fun little adventure in finding just the perfect tree). Luckily for Jeremy it wasn't raining this year!
Photobucket

We got it home, shook it out the best we could, then brought it inside. I only found a few bugs (last year there were little flying bugs that ended up on the walls and ceiling). After fiddling with the stand, trying to get the tree straight...we gave up with it only ever so slightly tilting to the right. We decorated the tree, and then I got out the stack of Christmas books that we've collected over the years. My mom gives the kids a book each Christmas, and there are a few in there that I've bought as well. Ben was so happy to have fresh, new reading material!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And finally, a few random Claire pictures...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment