DOWN - Had a talk with Ben's teacher after class on Tuesday about her concerns about him. He's not finishing his work in class, has trouble following/paying attention to directions, isn't following along with the class activities, etc. (Oh, and his fine motor/handwriting skills might be the worst in the class.) She says that usually right after winter break things start clicking for the kids...but that's not happening with Ben. If you Google "ADHD Predominantly Inattentive Type" there's a cute little picture of Ben. Okay, well maybe not a real picture...but he fits pretty much every one of those descriptions. Starting the process of getting the appt with the pediatrician to discuss all this. Also need to get the school psychologist (assuming we have one on staff) to go in and observe him. I'm really hoping it's just immaturity...but given his dad has the same thing.... It just sucks that when I went to look up "inattentive kindergarten", I see all these articles about studies that link that to poor grades in high school. :(
UP - Alex had a super-fantastic day yesterday with a new med we're trying out. (Okay, well he totally melted down by dinner time...but he was without his helmet most of the day, including school!) :)
DOWN - Today wasn't a great day for him. Over tired, vomited after lunch and slept for two hours in the classroom. Helmet on and hands covered all day. :(
UP - (I want to end on an up!) I got some cute pictures of Alex yesterday afternoon before he went off with J, his respite provider. I sure wish I had him stay, to enjoy those smiles and good moods...but as soon as he saw her, he wasn't interested in sticking around. Only interested in that stroller ride! (Don't mind the salsa around his mouth....)


No comments:
Post a Comment