Monday, October 26, 2009

feed me...

Wow, I need to feed my blog more often. It's been awhile!

Alex was feeling off this past week. Low appetite, low energy...but no other symptoms. Not sure if it was illness or if he's going through a growth spurt. I had to wake him up for school most days and he acted so tired (after 9-10 hours of sleep!). Then, over the weekend when he could have slept in, he woke around 6am. Figures!

Ben had fun last week at the pumpkin patch. We picked out a little pumpkin (just 75-cents, woo!)...


after posing with a bigger pumpkin for mommy's annual pumpkin patch shot.



Then he got to play in a bounce house, and another inflatable thing (not a jump house, but a long dragon you crawl through the mouth and then climb up, slide down, obstacle course type thing...). He had a blast!


I'm currently trying to find a play therapist for Ben. I need someone to evaluate him and let me know if he's coping well or not. He seems like the older he gets, the more anxious he is. At school, apparently he cries easily, and stresses out about little things. I was stressing the importance of bringing his coat home, otherwise he'd be really cold waiting for the bus the next morning...and now apparently this has grown into an obsession. At school, he freaks if he can't find his jacket right away. The teacher told me one time he was freaking out and crying about not finding his jacket, and he was already wearing it. Sigh.... So I need someone to tell me how to help him. He bottles things up and won't talk to me about them (I had no idea the jacket thing was stressing him out so badly!). I know he had a bad day at school one day last week, but have no idea what happened because he says he doesn't want to talk about it because he's too tired to talk.

1 comment:

jocelyn said...

Ugh, poor kiddo. I hope you get it sorted out quickly. Love the photos.

Post a Comment