I volunteered in Ben's class for the first time last Tuesday. It was fun, I'm just wondering how fun it'll continue to be week after week after week (I'm there every Tuesday). ;) Last Tuesday I was in charge of them working in their journals for the first time. They had to write the date, any five letters they wanted, and decorate their covers. I also had to tell them that journals are for writing in, not scribbling. Pretty easy. Most of the kids were adorable and easy to work with. A few...had to keep getting reminded to stop talking and do their work. One started scribbling as soon as I told him journals weren't for scribbling in. Oy.
Then on Friday I went with the kids on their field trip to the pumpkin patch. They got to go through a corn maze, go on a hay ride, see some farm animals, play on a giant hay hill (Ben's favorite...loved sliding down that even though he got pokey hay in his socks), drink some apple cider and pick out a pumpkin to take home. Everyone had so much fun, and I got to take pictures of it all!



1 comment:
So cute!
Post a Comment