Saturday, June 19, 2010

random stuff

Some friends threw me a nice going away party the other night. It was so good getting together again (it's been several months). I got lots of great gifts, ate lots of great food and shared lots of laughs. I'm going to miss them!

Speaking of friends...Ben has just discovered the little boy (Mickey, who I believe will be starting kindergarten this fall) living right next to us. They played just about all day yesterday, and are back at it again right now. Riding bikes, playing shooting games, playing the Wii, playing upstairs with toy trains and legos. At 8pm last night, I finally had to tell Mickey to go home so we could get ready for bed. It's going to be sad to move and not have a kid to play with right next door. Again...we've been here HOW LONG and have just made a ton of new friends?!

Ben's registered to start Clover Ridge Elementary school this fall. A big first grader. I wonder what he'll think of staying the whole day and getting to eat in the cafeteria? I sure hope he gets a good teacher.

Jeremy had two really good visits with Alex this past week. Lots of smiles and laughs, I hear. He's visiting again today, and my fingers are crossed he's still doing well.

By the way...just in case anyone was wondering, Ben is as silly as usual. I present to you, "The Do-it-Yourself-Wedgie":



And now I must go downstairs so I can keep an eye on those two little ruffians lest they destroy the living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment