Sunday, August 22, 2010

exploring

Yesterday we headed back to Camp Adair to look around some more and do a little hiking. I saw this little narrow trail going off into a forested area, so we decided to go explore it. It wasn't too bad, we just had to move aside some blackberry vines, and was generally wide enough to comfortably walk through...but a little ways in I happened to glance down and see this:
Photobucket
Then I started really looking around, and wow...let's just say we're really lucky I decided to go online and learn what poison oak looked like. It was everywhere!
Photobucket
We headed back out the way we came, and decided to just stay on the main trails. Ended up finding this cute little building in a meadow (oh how I wished I'd brought my real camera!). I can't wait to photograph there...I'm in love with that peeling red paint!
Photobucket

After that, we went into Corvallis and ate a FABULOUS lunch at a Hawaiian Cafe. We walked around campus looking at some of the cool buildings.
Photobucket
Hit the Zimbabwean Music Festival that was going on (such cool music...Alex really would have liked it), then headed to the Wacky Bounce for more jumping fun.

Today we're planning to visit Alex for lunch. After that, not sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment