Alex had his MRI on Monday. I should hear word about the results sometime this week. Fingers crossed there is even more reduction in his SEGA. He did so extremely well at the hospital! He was aware and afraid (had to be picked up and carried back, as he has learned that if he doesn't want to do something, he just kinda falls to the ground and sits there and no amount of tugging at him will make him budge), but we didn't even have to give him the Ketamine shot in his leg. He just sat on my lap facing me, and I was able to give him a big hug while they put his arm up over my shoulder and got the IV cath in. He didn't make a sound, and only once tried to get off my lap...otherwise was surprisingly calm (and cuddly). I was so proud of him! He really is starting to get used to that place. It's not his favorite, but they always have a yummy Fudgsicle waiting for him at the end.
Ben is a character, as usual. Today he muttered under his breath "...such a stupid crazy practice person..." because I told him he had to practice his spelling words before he could go out to play with his friends. Then he told me that spelling words are "such a threat" to him.
1 comment:
Okay, Ben is a crack up and needs to be a stand up comic or something, although he probably wouldn't like that I am laughing at him.
So glad Alex stayed so calm and cuddly! I'm very glad you were able to be there with him.
Post a Comment