Thursday, April 23, 2009

tracking behaviors

I'm going to be tracking Alex's behaviors using this blog so the behaviorist working with Alex can check in and see what's going on. I'll also list his blood pressure readings and other details on his health. Just a heads up to family and friends who will most likely find it repetitive and boring. I'll post them at the end of my posts like this...(and will edit them throughout the day if needed)

-------
Alex had a great day yesterday (4/22). He was happy when I woke him for school, and that carried out throughout the day. Very minor whining before dinner and at night before bed. BP: 112/75

This morning he was up on his own at 6:30am, which meant he had a lot of time before the bus arrived. (I usually get him up at 7am, get him dressed and medicated, and then we walk to the bus at 7:15. He eats breakfast at school.) I kept reassuring him we were waiting for the bus. He was a little agitated at having to wait, but nothing horrible. He knows the word "bus" for sure, and I think he knows "wait", although what kid likes hearing that? Hearing "wait" isn't going to help much as he has no way of knowing how long he'll need to wait. I need to get him a visual timer for these situations.

This afternoon was pretty easy as well. Ate turkey pepperoni, cheese, yogurt, graham crackers and milk for his after school snack. Alex did some screaming and yelling, but was able to calm himself down on his own. BP: 106/61.

Evening required the use of a helmet (pretty good that he spent most of the day without it on!). He was his usual grumpy self in the evening. Didn't want to eat much dinner, preferring to whine and cry instead. He fell right asleep at 8:30. BP: 116/72

No comments:

Post a Comment