Wednesday, December 29, 2010

alive and well

We're all alive and well.

Alex moved to his new home, and seems to be settling in well. I was there from 10:30am until dinner on the day he moved in. I only saw three tantrums, and those were fairly short-lived. All the times where because he was ready to leave and go back home...not realizing he was home. He was able to be redirected fairly easily, so all in all, was a good day. He very much enjoyed the super deep bathtub (took 6 baths and a shower/bath combo while I was there) and yogurt (ate 5 containers in one sitting).

We went back as a family to visit on Christmas Eve, and he was not in a happy mood. He was doing pretty poorly in fact: biting himself all up and down his arms and screaming and crying. We left in poor spirits. We decided not to have them drive him up to our house on Christmas, as it would have been a long drive for him...so we went back down Christmas afternoon. Thankfully, he was in a wonderful mood that day!! He loved all his presents, and was just smiling and running around like crazy. My mom (who was up visiting) and I went to see him again last night after being nearby shopping. He was in a good, but pretty mellow mood (seemed tired). I'm going to really miss getting to see Alex so often!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Grandma got to visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment