
Also, Sandra if you're reading, he came home with a library book that had "Accelerated Reader 3rd Level" on it. I know you were asking at what level he could read...not sure what level 3 means, but there ya go! :) The book has 48 pages (some science reader about strange ocean creatures) and is longer than he can read in one sitting, so I read a page and he reads a page.
Alex is being moved to a new home on the 21st of this month. Instead of taking 20-25 minutes to get to him, it'll now take about an hour. :( On the plus side, there seems to be a lot of nice programs for special needs kiddos nearby. And, we found out he has about $800 to spend (he's not a big spender, as he's not a big fan of going shopping!) so he's going to get a brand new rocker recliner for his new room. That will be great for him.
They also took him to an indoor pool area last week, and he had a ball there! They've tried a couple times in the past, but he's only stuck a toe in and then wasn't interested. This time he got all the way in, and was really enjoying the little lazy river/current thing they have. Oh, I wish I had been there! :)
We had two really nice visits with Alex this past week. He was so happy and content, and was giving us great eye contact and smiles. We are hoping it's due to the Rapamune. His facial angiofibromas are becoming less noticeable...I need to take new pictures, but he rarely comes here to visit and we're not allowed to take pictures in the group home. We did have a pretty lousy visit with him last night, though. It seemed like something was hurting him...maybe he has another cavity, or a filling is loose? He seemed to get most upset after eating, so that's the current theory. Of course, it's a weekend...so who knows how long it'll be until the dentist can see him.
I sent Ben off to school with a new hat. Came home looking like this:

Okay, so those braids on the side look kinda silly anyway (at least on boys), so I went to remove them...but no. He likes them!
Stay away from them there "braids", lady!
1 comment:
I love Ben! Please tell him we miss him!
Post a Comment