You take the good, you take the bad, you take them all and there you have 2010.
Lots of bad happened (Alex needing to be placed outside the home and his self-injurious behaviors are up there on that list), but here are some of the good stuff that's happened. I can't possibly remember everything, but here are the ones that come to mind right now:
* The Rapamune is working - Alex's tumors are shrinking.
* Alex is doing so much better than this time last year. In fact, we're all doing better, even if it still hurts like hell that Alex isn't living with us anymore.
* While I really miss my kitty, it's been incredibly nice not to have to worry about litter and food and caring for another creature. In fact, every time I start seriously thinking about another pet, I just can't bring myself to do it! It's really been nice having a break from that responsibility for awhile.
* Ben is doing just fine in school. Sure, he could listen better and work faster and talk less...but there is no concern with ADD like the first of the year. He's a typical first grade boy, so says his teacher.
* I like living here lots better than Medford. There are more things for kids to do around here. There are more young people (big college town), so there's an energy that just wasn't there in Medford (big retirement town). Going west it's only an hour to the coast, going east it's only an hour to the mountains, going north it's only an hour to Portland and going south it's only an hour to Eugene. And I like this house and neighborhood better than the one in Medford.
* We have wonderful benefits thanks to Jeremy's new job.
* We've had the opportunity to meet a lot of wonderful people we wouldn't have otherwise met due to Alex's medical marijuana card.
* Alex actually smiled for his school pictures!
* Ben lucked out with having a family move in three doors down with lots of kids he can play with.
* We got to host Thanksgiving for Jeremy's family and my mom! It was a blast, and it hopefully will happen again someday.
* Jeremy finally got a haircut!
No comments:
Post a Comment