Friday, September 2, 2011

interesting

Here's an interesting video about medical marijuana. It's pretty unbiased, and happily excludes the "hippie/stoner" types ("Yeah maaan, I use this for my chronic pain, maaaan, and it's totally helping me out!") who unwittingly are keeping the "weed" stereotype going strong in other people's eyes. Seriously, when I was trying to get information for Alex by talking to some of those folks running the "cannabis clubs", it was amazing how hard it was to find someone really coherent enough to carry on a long, intelligent conversation with...and those are just the folks the media love to interview, which makes it all seem like a big joke. I remember one local news story showed a twenty-something dressed in plaid and baggy jeans walking into one of those clubs, and coming out with a little bag giving the camera a smile and thumbs up. Really? Could we make this into any more of a joke?

ANYWAY! Rant over. Here's the video:

Watch the full episode. See more MontanaPBS Presents.

No comments:

Post a Comment