Thursday, September 29, 2011

still doing well

Alex has been continuing to do well. He has had only 2 "GERs" (general event reports that are written up when he has some sort of injury) this month. I got to see Alex at his psych appt, which he did not appreciate being at. He was upset, but there was minimal SIBs despite his crying and hollering. After the appt, I went back to the home and visited with him, and he was all smiles again. We are doing some major medication changes with the psych, and he seems to be feeling and sleeping better ever since we discontinued the amitryptiline, reduced the Risperdal and added a little Seroquel. He will be off of Risperdal completely on the 5th, as well as off the little dab of anti-seizure med (Trileptal) he was on. His neuro has said that since we haven't really seen any seizures in so long (remember, to the neuro, Alex's episodes of tightening aren't really seizures...even though he gets stuck in them and needs Ativan to get him out), he wants to try a month without any seizure meds to see what happens. If we need to go back on something, we will be trying Depakote, as it's also used in the psych area for anger/rage and headaches. Hopefully we won't have to add it though.

Got this in the mail today...
Photobucket
How the heck does a dental (and eye exam) come out to over $9k? That's crazy! I wish they listed things in more detail. Bet the state is really happy Alex has this private insurance.

Only 3-4 weeks until baby time! I have an appt on Monday, and I'm hoping we'll set up an induction time since they want her to arrive before the 31st. I'm hoping for the 24th, but we'll see. Actually I'm hoping I go on my own before the 24th, but it'll be nice to have an ending in sight. I think she's head down, and staying that way. Only feeling squirms and hiccups, so she's running out of room to do big flips. I'm excited and anxious...I really would love to know when this is all going to happen. Having my mom 3 hours away, I'll have to rely on my neighbors to watch Ben until she gets into town...either that or take Ben to the hospital with us, but he's already made it known he wants no part of "hearing any pain".

Oh! And Jeremy just got tentative approval to work four 10 hour days a week, so he'll get Wednesdays off. We'll get to see Alex twice a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment