Monday, June 22, 2009

kid time

Ben had fun at Kid Time! on Saturday. They were having their 4th birthday party and free admission. They had a bounce house set up outside, along with a fire engine and sheriff's patrol boat to climb on and in. He also got to see his little baby wallaby friend he saw the day before at The Farm. It always amazes me how long we can spend at places like that. I had to drag him away after 2 1/2 hours when I just couldn't take any more!

Yes yes, he's wearing the same shirt as the day before....what can I say? He keeps his clothes pretty darn clean. His jeans and undies are fresh, though!


Making hard boiled eggs


Cutting veggies




Sunday was Father's Day, so Jeremy got to take his 8 hours of free time. The boys and I just hung out around the house watching movies and reading.

Alex's behavior has been pretty good lately. He has outbursts and will hit himself, but for the most part it's pretty managable when we wrap him. He's been very "aware" lately. He's been tuned in to what we say, and it seems he knows most of what we say to him. He's been watching and imitating Ben. Yesterday Ben was climbing on his bookcase and jumping down into a pile of blankets, and Alex was watching and laughing. Pretty soon, Alex was up there climbing and jumping himself! Alex also thinks he's a big shot when he gets on my elliptical machine and exercises. Too funny! Oh, and I was sitting at the table filling out a form and Alex came up and sat down beside me. Then he took the pen and tried writing like I was. I gave him his own paper and he had fun scribbling around like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment