So it wasn't until recently that this was on the news, about a man who was asking women to try on shoes and then kissing and fondling their feet/legs. I though, huh...wonder if that could be the same guy. They showed surveillance footage of him leaving a Target store, and he had on a baseball cap, and thus looked quite a bit younger than the man I "met". Well, they caught him and his mugshot was in the paper today and there he was, looking quite a bit like the man I'd encountered. The features I remembered were that he was balding up front, but had kind of long hair in the back. And that he was about my height, slender build. When I saw that picture, I went looking to see if I could find an article stating how tall he was....sure enough, 6 feet tall.
So then I started debating whether to call the police (the newspapers said for any other victims to call the detectives). I didn't feel particularly violated, just grossed out. Plus, I couldn't remember when it was I'd "met" him. I starting thinking about it, and realized all I needed to do was find the receipt from WM that had hand sanitizer on it (I hadn't bought any a year or more prior and none since that day). We keep all our receipts for quite awhile...so after a few minutes of digging, there it was! May 29th, sometime before 12:30pm when I checked out. If they want, they can pull the video from the diaper aisle and see if it's him. The detective said my account would be going into her report, and she'll be giving it to the DA's office on Monday. That's my excitement for the day.
Alex was really tough today. Very unhappy most of the day, though no injuries to report. He mostly hit the sides of his helmet, so his scabs stayed in tact and didn't reopen and bleed everywhere. We went on two car rides and my mom took him on a stroller ride, and he was STILL wanting another ride. We just can't keep wasting the gas driving him around, so I told him no more. He was pretty pissed at that, and tantrumed for about 2 hours before finally calming back down. During his tantrum, he was just yelling and stomping and hitting the side of his helmet....it was a full on tantrum (almost comical...almost). It was quite tolerable as he wasn't actually doing any damage to himself or others, and luckily didn't escalate into that. I know he's getting really bored, and he'll be so happy when school starts again. Unfortunately, we have to get through the VEEG ordeal first.
Here's Alex in his new stroller, urgently requesting a ride (he signs "more" when he really means "I want...". Or in this case, "I want to go for a ride - now, dammit!").
No comments:
Post a Comment