Well, we ordered Alex a special needs stroller. He'd better like it, it was over $1k! It goes to 200lbs, so we should be set. I don't think we're going to get it in time for our trip down to Oakland the end of this month. We need some time to get him used to it...many happy moments in it before we bring it to a hospital setting. So hopefully it'll be here and we'll have had a chance to get him out for many fun walks before the study starts.
By the way, looks like they're anticipating the RAD001 study starting in September. We're going to get Alex started as soon as possible, but I'm a little concerned about making all those trips down (over the mountain pass) in the winter. I thought about waiting until spring...but then we'd need to pay for another MRI as we need to check to see how fast his SEGA is growing. If we start immediately, we'll get that for free.
There's also some question about the travel reimbursement, and we were told not to count on that. Ugh.
No comments:
Post a Comment