Friday, December 18, 2009

ben

I took Ben to the mall yesterday to visit Santa.


He's still asking for the same two things: a Wall-E toy and an Eve toy. He's making it really easy on Santa...most kids ask for a ton of things.

Later we went to the "brain doctor" (therapist) for some play therapy. We can't afford to keep going, which is a bummer because he loves it. The therapist says he's doing fine and coping well with his home life.

Then, it was time for a haircut. I've always done the boys' haircuts, and I think I do a decent job. I'd decided to just take him in to have someone else do it (now that he no longer screams like he's dying) so I wouldn't have to deal with cleaning up. We walked in, and when they called him back he follows and says (loudly), "I really hope you are good at this, because my mom is not." This got lots of laughs from the stylists and customers. He did much better for the stylist than he ever does with me. It was so cute listening to them talk. She asked about school, and he told her about kindergarten. Then they got to talking about their favorite Wii games. He scored an animal punch ball toy (which didn't last more than half and hour) and a bouncy ball for being so good.

Today is Ben's class holiday party. Gotta go jump in the shower and get ready.

3 comments:

Wendy Sparrow said...

He looks so cute. I love the reindeer antlers. They look so awesome. Did he make those himself?

Haircuts CAN be done at home--but the clean-up, the time, and the whole experience make it nice to shuffle onto someone else's plate. Plus, it sounds like he scored toys and attention. Win/win.

We got your Christmas card. It's perfectly perfect as always.

Karen said...

Antlers were given to him by Santa. Actually, I had to reach over and get one for Ben after Santa kinda gestured over in their general direction (wasn't the most jolly Santa).

Wendy Sparrow said...

Some Santas just aren't. I did a turn at being an elf one year, and I felt a little revolted by the song jingle bells and a few others after just a couple days. They claw at your brain eventually.

Post a Comment