Monday, December 7, 2009

brrrrr!

Today it was 17 degrees outside when the boys left for school. Too bad it's clear and sunny, so no chance for snow. Not used to having the weather in the teens here. Twenties, yes...but teens? Brrr! I keep waiting for a pipe to burst...you know, because we're homeowners now and have no landlord to come and magically fix everything for us.

Tomorrow is Ben's first "Share Time". It's like Show and Tell, only it has to start with the letter of the week and has to be somewhat educational. This week's letter is S, and he'll be sharing about starfish. He has one to show off while he talks, and then a coloring page the kids can color at school if there's time, or take home with them. I so wish I could be there to record it!

Alex has been having an interesting time of things. His face has been healed of all scabs for quite some time now (yay!!), however he's been having some intense tantrums. I guess I'd rather the tantrums than him hurting himself so badly. We're just trying to figure out if these tantrums are seizure related or not. The night we called 911, it was clear he was trying to calm himself down and the stiffening kept interrupting that. The next time, we gave the Diastat after he'd been doing the stiffening thing for over 5 minutes. Then, there was a time in there where he started and stopped on his own....and a time where we were able to distract him out of it. Which would lead one to believe it's not seizure related, but behavioral. But man, when it's clear he's trying to calm down, and just keeps going.....it would have to be seizures, wouldn't it? Ugh, I hate all the guessing all the time!! At least the neuro said the Diastat could be used in both instances (seizures or to bring him out of a very bad behavioral episode)...but I'd really rather just wait him out than drug him up if it's not hurting his brain.

Finally got our holiday cards ordered. Alex gave me exactly 3 shots before calling it quits, so I didn't have a lot to work with. I think it's cute, and it'll work, though it's not exactly what I had in mind (but it rarely is when trying for pictures of Alex!).

2 comments:

Wendy Sparrow said...

It's freakishly cold here too. Brr. It was eight degrees in Tacoma today.

Karen said...

Wendy!!! Hi! I didn't know you followed my blog. :D Eight degrees?? Ugh!! Today was 13 and I thought my eyeballs were going to freeze.

Post a Comment