Thursday, December 24, 2009

eagerly awaiting the big man's visit

This morning, around 9:30am, Ben says, "Uuuuuhhhh. This day is SO long! When will this day end? When will it be night?". You know it's going to be a long day when it's barely past breakfast and the day is dragging.

I made another batch of caramel corn, my new holiday favorite. It's just enough of a pain to not want to do it more often than once a year and for gifts. It sure is deeelish though!

Right now the bread machine is working up cinnamon roll dough for tomorrow. I'll get rolled, cut and put into the pan today, then stick it in the fridge for overnight. This is my 3rd or 4th year doing the Cinnamon Roll on Christmas Day tradition. I love how easy it is. Now I need to find some breakfast casserole that I like. I tried a strata in the slow cooker one year, and blech....never again with that recipe. I'd like there to be freshly cooked bacon and eggs in the morning, but without me having to actually do it.

Tonight Ah-Ah (what Ben has always called my mom) is coming over for dinner (spaghetti, salad and garlic bread). We're having a late dinner, so the kids will go to sleep right after opening some presents from her, and then we'll get to chat and play games. After my mom goes home, the plan is to watch Inglourious Basterds while wrapping presents. Hohoho!

And here is the only Christmas song my little boy knows (learned at school). He outright refuses to learn any other song. I wanted to get him to sing "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" to post, but that was a big fail. Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment