Last night's update said Alex was doing well, eating at 100% with the exception of that morning's breakfast (which was at 20%, and he vomited a little afterwards). No fever. Still 67.5 pounds. They said he tripped on his pants and fell, which would likely result in a bruised lip. We'll be getting a copy of the incident report.
This afternoon I got another call saying his front tooth had broken, likely due to yesterday's fall, and they were taking him to urgent care to see if he needed any pain relief. He has a dentist appointment tomorrow morning, though they'll likely not be able to do much of anything until they can get him under general anesthesia.
At first I was thinking of a chipped tooth, but it seems to have broken mostly off, with just a nub left sticking out of the gums. Ugh!
I HATE that I'm not up there with him. It's been about three hours since I last heard anything...was told they'd call back after he was back from urgent care.
1 comment:
ughhhhhhhh! damnit! Please post as soon as they call. Can they take some photos too to email you? Easy to understand that without restraints, his running around and flailing could cause him to fall. On the other hand, its like, OK FIRST WEEK HERE, HE'S LOSING WEIGHT, BARELY ANY BMS AND OH YES, WE HAVE BROKEN HIS PERMANENT TOOTH DOWN TO A NUB! More than anything, is his disposition. Did they say if he was smiling as he fell? :)
Post a Comment