Wednesday, May 19, 2010

all about ben (except the part that isn't)

So I was telling Jeremy about Ben's ability to do complex math (since he rarely reads this blog), and so I tried doing a harder problem to test. I really didn't think he'd get it right! "Ben, what's 1 minus 3?" "1 minus 3 is.....negative 2!" Please, please, please let this math ability stick! Jeremy's great with math, and well...I'm not. I hope this all is because Ben got the smart math gene.

Also, on Tuesday there was a substitute teacher. After class (I was there volunteering), she came over to me to tell me how impressed she was with Ben's ability to read. She said she had him over there reading all by himself, and that he's also very fluent and expressive in his speech. :) Really nice to hear since the focus has been on his (lack of) fine motor skills and attention span.

The Tangent house is off the table. It seems the owners just want a six month lease and then month to month after that. Uh, no way am I going to sign something where we might be forced to move in December!! If they want a short term renter, they should have said that rather than saying "Minimum 6 month lease". I read that and thought that it meant just that...that we had to commit to 6 months at the least, but could do more if desired. So, back to the drawing board! I'm not terribly concerned. There are so many 1&2 bedroom rentals available with all the college kids leaving town, that if it came to it we could get one of those while we wait for something we like better to come along. We will be looking at 3-4 houses while we're up this weekend for Alex's bday.

And finally, sharing a drawing Ben did the other day.

1 comment:

Nerdmaster said...

Tee hee - turns out that OSU's term ends on the 11th of June. That's the end of the week I START WORK.

Guess maybe it's time to start worrying about housing a bit :)

Post a Comment