Wednesday, May 12, 2010

weekend visit

We had a horrible visit with Alex this time. He was so unhappy. Scabs on his cheeks and forehead, a shaved head (due to hair pulling), and many tiny little scabs on his scalp. He just couldn't get comfortable and kept rubbing/hitting at his head. (I showed some pictures to Alex's old pediatrician while I had Ben there for a recheck yesterday, and she was concerned it could be a staph infection/MRSA so called them and had them start putting bacitracin ointment on his head.)


Jeremy has started a website/blog for Alex...http://www.alexneedshelp.com/

We saw a few different rentals while we were up there. One of them was a great little loft/apartment above an adorable coffee shop in downtown Albany. The building was built in the early 1800's, and the person renovating it left in most all of the original stuff: doors, floors, windows, etc. since it's on the historical register. There was exposed brick, stained glass, and other awesomeness in this place. We would have taken it too, if only there was just a little bit more room (the renovated apartment next door was over 2200sf, but a bit out of our price range!).




SIGH.............

So instead of having a fantastic urban loft apartment, we're (hopefully) going to get a house in the little town of Tangent, which is between Hwy 5 and Corvallis, just south of Albany. It's about 1600sf and has an absolutely HUGE backyard. Also right at the end of a cul-de-sac, and there's a little walkway that goes between this house and the neighbor's house that ends at a little community park with play structure.

1 comment:

jocelyn said...

karen, i am so so so sorry about Alex. Brody told me about the website he made and I think it's great, but I don't know what we can do for Alex without sharing it with SOMEONE. I know you guys are concerned about having your last name attached to it, and I completely understand. When you have gotten the kinks out, please let me know so I can share your story. I love you all and I hope you get the house you want.

Although, that place in Albany with the stained glass looks awesome ... but I know you need more space.

Love you.

Post a Comment