Ben is now totally autonomous when it comes to riding his bike. I found a used 16" bike on Craigslist. So he now owns 16", 18" and 20" bikes. I bought him a 20" thinking that it would be good for him to have room to grow. Turns out he couldn't reach the ground, and that's kind of imperative when you no longer have training wheels on your bike. So, I caved and bought him an 18" bike and wouldn't you know...he could barely touch the ground. He just couldn't quite get the bike going on his own. Having to give him a push every time he stopped was getting old, so I caved again and got him the used 16" bike. I've spent way too much money on bikes in the past three months, but at least he can now ride independently. And he's totally set for the next few years.
No comments:
Post a Comment