Tuesday, September 28, 2010

busy

Ben came home with his first spelling word list. Yay! Real work! Stuff that will challenge him! I'm so happy.... :D

The first column is where they folded over the paper so they couldn't see the words, and the teacher told them the word. Second column is looking at the word, spelling it correctly, and then grading themselves to see if they got it right the first time.
Photobucket

So...work on lower case "a", direction of "s", difference between "ch" and "sh".

Ben has a "friend" at school that sounds like an obnoxious brat to me. I heard about Coleman on the second day of school when Ben told me about a boy on the bus that hurt him, but he was "just playing around". At first I was like, okay, they might have been playing and got a little too rough and he accidentally got Ben. Yesterday Ben told me that Coleman only wanted to play with other kids, to which I said that he should make other friends. And today Ben said that Coleman pushed him down and then ran away really fast to where Ben couldn't catch up, and that made Ben mad (he even showed me the mad look he gave Coleman). Also, that he and Coleman are no longer allowed to sit together on the bus (fine by me!)...so something must have happened on the way home (rough housing or what not). Sigh....

Got a call about Alex banging his head on the trampoline at school today. Met him at the pediatrician's office, where they had to irrigate the wound, then superglue it closed. Then I had them give him the flu shot. Poor kid! He's reportedly doing really well and in a great mood now though.

Tonight is Ben's first night of swim lessons. Then I'm off to a Cub Scout informational meeting. I'm not sure if I'm going to bother enrolling him, or wait until he begs. He thinks it'd be cool to get badges and such (he's getting this from the movie "Up"), and I think it might be great socially for him, but then I think about the money for uniform and activities and one (or more) nights a week devoted to meetings, when we already have swimming twice a week. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment