So there were other kids with the same little slip of paper today at the bus stop....so I'm guessing that my initial thought was correct, and everyone got one. (Yay!)
And Ben started talking about another kid in his class, Braden, who is being mean to him. I don't think I can take the pain of having my child go through school. I hate seeing him suffer at the hands of his evil peers. Braden, unfortunately, sits right beside him in class. He is often calling Ben weird (which, he may have a point, haha...but don't hurt my baby!) and saying that he really should be in kindergarten. Is it really bad to tell your child to just smack the kid upside the head when he starts talking crap? Because that would be awesome.
Okay, so instead of that I tried to explain that kids sometimes say mean things and to try not to let it bother him. I said to try not to let them see that it bothers him, or else they might keep on doing it to see his reaction. I did not tell him that it will likely get worse as he gets older, and that I'm so close to just homeschooling him as my heart hurts just thinking about him being teased like I was.
Good news - Alex will be starting Rapamycin on Monday! We're driving up to Portland this weekend to pick up the medicine (no where local has the liquid version in stock, and the neuro wants him to start on Monday, so no time to get it ordered).
No comments:
Post a Comment