Monday, September 13, 2010

Renaissance Faire and the bodybuilding police officer

Sunday afternoon we took Ben to the Shrewsbury Renaissance Faire, thinking he'd totally dig the jousting. He did...kinda. It was hot, so he was whiny and didn't care for the pre-joust warm up games. He did like the sword fighting and such, however not enough to justify our $23 admission price. Add to that, Jeremy wasn't feeling well...so we didn't stay very long. Spent even more money to get Ben a cute wooden sword and shield. And a lemonade because it was so hot and he was so whiny and we didn't think to bring water with us.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I picked up a costume at TJMaxx, hoping Ben might want to wear it for Halloween. He's been wanting to go as a Headcrab from Half-Life 2, and frankly, I didn't even want to think about trying to make that costume...not to mention, I like costumes that don't require a long explanation at each door. The fact that this takes care of two of his three future professions (remember: he wants to be a policeman, an Army soldier and a bodybuilder when he grows up), I thought there was a good chance he'd give up his dream of being a Headcrab. I was right...he loved it! In fact, I'm hoping it makes it to Halloween as he wants to wear it all the time now.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Introducing "the amazing Police Ben, at your service...." (might have to turn up your speakers to hear him say that...he gets kind of quiet there at the end)

No comments:

Post a Comment