It's been awhile since I updated on Alex's behavior. Yesterday and today he's been overall happy. At school yesterday, he had a super fantastic day. Today they said there was one outburst, but then he was fine the rest of the day. At home we're seeing him pretty happy again, though when he does have a tantrum, he's still pretty rough. I have gouge marks and bruises on my arm where he dug in with his fingernails while pinching as hard as he could because he was upset that I wasn't getting up right away. I was in the middle of an email and he wanted me to get up and go with him. After trying to get me up twice, he screamed and pinched. Doesn't do well with waiting. Yesterday, in a similar tantrum, he bit Jeremy on his arm...almost broke skin, but not quite. He's like a little pit bull when he bites...latches on and won't let go for awhile.
He hasn't been as patient with BP readings, so we've kinda given him a break. Did one tonight though and it was 147/72.
Today Ben has been having fun with an empty 7-up can (or as he calls it, "70-up"). It's been almost constant that he wants me to be the voice of the can, and finally I had to tell him I'm done being the voice. I mean, there's only so much a person can come up with when they're pretending to be a can. My mind was tired. I told him he could make the can talk, trying to get him to do both sides, his and the can. Instead, he would tell me what I should say and then he'd reply as the can. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Finally we put the can up for awhile. Right before bed, he had Jeremy get it for him, and now it's sleeping on his window sill. It did come in handy tonight though. At bedtime, 70-up told Ben it was time to go potty and get ready for bed, and he responded way quicker to 70-up's request than he's ever to mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment