Saturday, May 9, 2009

a plastic butt

Today was Ben's party, and he had a lot of fun (even Alex...boy does he love when we have company, and the louder the better apparently). We got the bounce house from last year up and running in the backyard, although they didn't really play in it much as it was so hot out there. They ran around and played, ate some fruit and assorted snacks and soda, ran around and played some more, ate cake and ice cream, opened presents, aaaand done. Two and a half hours of wild craziness.

While I was lighting the candles, I told Ben that he should start thinking about what he wanted to wish for. He thought for a minute than said, "I wish I had a plastic butt!". Really? Really, Ben? That's what you want most in the whole wide world? I guess that's why you're supposed to keep birthday wishes to yourself. He really is fascinated with saying the word "butt" these days. Ahhh, five year olds!



Ben was annoyed at me because I made them stop playing to take a picture. Look at all those pink cheeks!


Eating all the frosting and ice cream...who needs the cake?


The favorite gift of the day....a lightsaber! (He's sleeping with it right now.)


Ben is still humoring me. Wonder at what age he'll flat out refuse to do some of the odd things I ask of him?

No comments:

Post a Comment