Tuesday, May 26, 2009

what would happen if...

There's a new game Ben has been playing. He asks, "What would happen if ..." and then says something silly (silly to him, at least). For example: "What would happen if I jumped on my own head?", "What would happen if the cat ate it's tongue?", "What would happen if the house broke?", "What would happen if I got ketchup on my head?", "What would happen if I pooped on the stairs?", "What would happen if I had a bum on my nose?", "What would happen if a giant whale landed on the car?", etc., etc., etc. On and on. And he doesn't say these things just to hear himself talk. He actually wants an answer. I think he finds it amusing to watch me try to come up with answers to his crazy questions. And if I try to ignore it, he just asks it over and over and over again.

So when does this phase end? Soon?

He just this second asked, "What would happen if a cup high-fived me?" I mean, c'mon. All. Day. Long.

(Editor's note: I actually really love that clever little brain of his! It's amazing to see what comes out of it. Yes, it can be tiring, but I wouldn't have it any other way. :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment