Ben was absolutely beside himself with excitement this morning.

(I think the front door will be the annual place to take pictures...to see how he grows each year.)


We waited at the bus stop and got to know some of the older kids waiting there. Turns out there's a little boy who lives close that will be in Ben's class (his mom drove him this morning). Ben got right on the bus, waving and smiling.




Then I went to the school and waited for him to arrive. He got off the bus with one of the little boys at his bus stop (a second grader), and they were just chatting away. The second grader showed him to the music room (where all the kindergarten and 1st graders go to wait for their teachers), which was so nice. Ben didn't notice I was there, which is good because I got to see how he'd do without me telling him where to go. Turns out he remembered where the music room was, so I think he would have done just fine even without the help of the 2nd grade boy helping.

He went in and took a seat, just like he was supposed to. Such a big boy!

Then I popped into the room and he saw me and waved. We waited in there until his teacher came for them, then they lined up (sort of, haha....teacher has her work cut out for her there) and went to their classroom. After putting up his backpack and jacket, he went over to the sign in table where they find their names and trace them, then put them in the baskets.

(Oh yeah, check out his pencil holding skills....sigh....)

Then, he found his seat and started coloring (after whining briefly about not being able to play with the toys first). The teacher said the kids could start saying goodbye to their parents (HINT, HINT) while staying in their seats. I told him goodbye and that I'd see him at the bus stop after school. He told me, "Goodbye, mom. I will be fine here."

I know you will, baby. I know you will.
No comments:
Post a Comment