Right now Alex is sitting on the floor behind me singing (read: humming just a little off key) "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star". I love when he sings. It's so sweet, and I just love knowing, for that moment in time, exactly what he's thinking about. I tried getting it on video, but of course he stopped. It's killing me because a couple years ago I got some really good video of him singing, and have no clue where it went. Bummer!
He's really shown growth in the past few months, and is showing off his quirky side as well. The other night, Grandma Esby (Jeremy's mom) was visiting. The boys were eating cereal, and she decided to pour some into her cup of milk and eat it that way. Alex, always the mooch, went over to her to try to eat her cereal. We kept telling him no, and he kept getting more and more upset. After about 10 minutes of trying to redirect him to his own cereal bowl, I got him a cup and put his cereal into it. Instant happy! Alex just wanted to try eating out of a cup too...guess he thought it looked pretty cool. We ended up refilling it a few times, he ate so much cereal out of that cup!
Another quirk. We went to the elementary school to play on the playground, and stopped by to get Alex an iced mocha (caffeine seems to have a calming affect on him...much like sedatives tend to get him all wired up). I went and sat on a bench to let Alex sip his drink, then he got up and ran off to play. I followed, and eventually offered him another sip. He wanted some more, but before he'd take a sip, he dragged me back over to that same bench to sit down. And each subsequent time he wanted a drink, he'd go back to that bench to sit.
One more week until school starts for Alex! The school district here has a "slow start" for kindergarteners, so Ben's first day will be Friday the 11th. We'll be going in on Monday morning for about 40 minutes for Ben to meet his teacher and look around the classroom. I think there are 3-5 students scheduled for that time....it'll be nice for him to meet them so there'll be a few familiar faces on the first day.
No comments:
Post a Comment