Wednesday, September 16, 2009

just go to sleep...unless you want to talk about school

I find out more things about what Ben did at school at night when he's supposed to be going to sleep than I do during the whole day asking him questions. He's learned that I can't resist hearing about his day, and that even when I've told him to stop talking and go to sleep....if he brings up something about school, I'll listen and even ask questions. Cute little stalling tactic, eh?

Last night after me telling him to be quiet, stop talking about robots and to go to sleep for the nth time, he remembered that he learned "Jack be Nimble" and recited it to me. He then divulged that he got to jump over a candlestick that was made of metal (me: did the other kids get to jump over too? him: Oh yes, yes. Of course they did). Then I learned that the "time out" chair is up at Mrs. Einck's desk, and that Mrs. Einck's desk is the one with the pink heart (me: where YOU in time out?? him: Oh no, no. It was someone else. me: why were they in time out? him: because he was talking and talking and talking and talking and talking....and wouldn't be quiet. Me: are you sure it wasn't you?). He also got to color two things, got to cut, and didn't get to glue anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment