Saturday, February 27, 2010

the four of us are doing fine

I want to say thanks to you all for the thoughts and prayers. We're doing fine. We miss Alex terribly, and the house is eerily quiet...but we're trying to appreciate the way things are easier on us all.

I will be going back up to Salem on Tuesday to transport Alex to the Discovery place. I also want to see if I can view some possible education options for him while I'm up there. We'll be getting an ISP put in place Tuesday or soon after, and I'm sure an IEP will be in there as well. Hoping to view the options Tuesday before we transfer him.

This was the update we got yesterday, along with a picture....

Another quick update. Behavior specialist came out and observed yesterday, picked up prescriptions and medical records. I kept copies for my records. They sound like an awesome placement for Alex. The nurse came out today to see him, asked me what your goals were regarding meds so I told him what we talked about on Wed how it would be nice to see him at a baseline without meds, I hope I was correct Alex is such a sweet child and has a lot going for him under all those meds you can just see it shine through. Looks like Tuesday is when he will be moving to the new placement. It looks like the best residential placement I have heard of. Congratulations!

He had 2 BM s yesterday afternoon which I am happy about as I was getting concerned about constipation. Still eating and drinking fine. Took a little while longer to get to sleep last night, Was 9:20 when he was finally asleep but slept the whole night through and slept until 7:05. Did well on a car ride without the car seat. We are not using the car seat at all in the house either. Hits and headbutts have decreased by about 50% at this time. He jumped on the trampoline for a few minutes yesterday then got bored, enjoyed just walking around the yard more. Fed himself breakfast this morning. By 11 he has had 3 full containers of juice and or water so is definitely staying hydrated. Lots of great smiles yesterday and this morning. Had his arms through his pajamas last night and was mostly unswaddled, played with some sensory toys. still learning soft touch and doing great with it. Really enjoying the verbal praise when he does soft touch. Picture attached is a little blurry but at least we got one We were still getting other kiddos off to school at the time but thought you would like to see him eating on his own again, I was just stabilizing the bowl. Have a great day.

2 comments:

Sandra Chavez said...

I'm glad you 4 are doing good and I am sure the update on Alex relieved both you and Jeremy. I have to say that when I saw the picture I got really "pissed" off thinking, "that is not his kitchen, or his table or his bowl and is that woman in an ugly robe?"..... I also was critical of the fridge in the background thinking, "why do they have magnets all over it? Don't they know he might eat one." At any rate, of course we all want him to do well. I am sure your relief is also coupled with questions, like ours. Love you guys. How is Ben?

Wendy Sparrow said...

Well, what a wonderful update. Cool. It sounds like he is enjoying his time. I really hope they all sound wonderful like that. Yay for Alex. I'm thinking of you... hugs, Karen.

Post a Comment