Our first update from the crisis respite foster home:
Wanted to let you know Alex is learning soft touch to himself and others. Very calm in the afternoon an evening letting us know when he is thirsty by lip motions. He fell asleep at 8:30 last night, woke up at 2 am was asleep again at 2:25 and is still asleep as I am writing this getting other kiddos ready for school. He let me put ointment on his face to help with the dryness and itchiness which made him happy I think. He was a lot more smiley after it.
So I think he'll be okay (as long as they're telling the truth...we have been told that they have a very good rep working with hard kiddos, and that they are the best in the Salem area at what they do...so I guess I'll just try to trust them). He'll be moving in to the Discovery place Tuesday at 1:30pm. I'm not sure yet if I'm going to drive back up (Jeremy will have to stay to work), or just do a phone conference with them. I think I'll have to go up, because I want to bring him his recliner and music...as well as show them how we mix meds and do certain routines.
We spent some time at the beach this morning, and are off to find some lunch....
3 comments:
Your update sounds really, really good. Fingers crossed. Enjoy the beach. All three of you deserve it. I am glad Alex was "smiley".
Wow... what a relief it must have been to receive that update. I'm so glad that he seemed to settle in so well. I hope you get lots of great updates like that.
That update gives me so much hope for all of you. He sounds like he's doing remarkably well. I hope the next transition is just as good for him.
Post a Comment