Saturday, February 6, 2010

i just don't know

So is the new med just not working much anymore, or could he be sick and thus it's not working as well for the moment? He's had to be wrapped at home for the past few days, and today he's sporting a puffy black eye from banging his face into the edge of his carseat. I just don't know what to think anymore. We feel defeated. If only this could have worked, even for a couple years until we could get him to age 10 where he could live in a home locally. Monday I get the fun job of calling his DD caseworker to see about the homes up in Salem/Portland.

Had the behavior appt with Ben's pediatrician yesterday. She says he seems totally normal to her, and that she doesn't recommend further testing at this time. She says he just sounds bored in class. He's not disruptive, he can focus just fine when something interests him, he doesn't get into trouble, he has some fine motor delay but that will improve in time, and so on.

Ben had a homework assignment to do this weekend. They're talking about love in class this month, in honor of Valentine's Day. He needed to fill in the blanks: "I love ______ because _____." Ben wrote, "I love mom because she is cute." Haha! He's also really wanting to marry me lately. He keeps saying I could have two husbands and then he could live with me his whole life. I tell him he will find a girl that he'll want to marry and live with someday, but he insists he will want to live with me forever. Either I have an oedipal slacker in training, or a sweet little boy who just loves his momma very much. ;)

2 comments:

jocelyn said...

God, so horribly sorry about Alex. That's such devastating news. I'm here in any capacity you need.

As for Ben, well, that's pretty sweet that he'd marry you, but to be honest I think having two husbands would be way harder than one husband with several wives. Just think of all the extra cooking/cleaning and babying you'd have to do! Yikes!

Wendy Sparrow said...

I'm sooooo sorry, Karen. I kept trying to follow the link to here, but I'd forgotten my own password to sign in. I just figured it out. This is heartbreaking. I can't imagine. I just truly can't. I'm going to cry for a little on your behalf. I'm so sorry.

Post a Comment